The mathematics entrance exam lasts 45 minutes.
- The use of a simple scientific calculator (WTR) is permitted. Pocket calculators with graphics capability (GTR), pocket calculators with typical functions of a computer algebra system (CAS), pocket calculators with data transmission capability and programmable pocket calculators are not permitted. A calculator that is frequently used at the Studienkolleg is the Casio fx-87DE plus. Of course, any other calculator that meets the above requirements can also be used for the entrance exam.
- The use of a set square (triangle) is recommended.
- Formula collections may not be used.
- calculate terms
- transform terms
- structure terms
- simplify terms
- multiply out and factor out
- factoring (also with binomial formulas)
- shorten and expand
- power and logarithm laws
Equations and inequations
- linear equations
- linear systems of equations with two unknowns
- fractional equations
- quadratic equations
- root equations
- exponential equations
- trigonometric equations
- elementary terms (e.g. line, distance, angle)
- triangles (right triangles, equilateral and isosceles triangles, general triangle)
- Pythagoras, sets of heights and legs
- The law of sine and cosine in a right triangle
- circles (radius, area, perimeter, sector and segment)
- volumes and surfaces of bodies (prism, cylinder, pyramid, cone, sphere)
- linear functions
- quadratic functions
- broken rational functions
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- trigonometric functions
- whole rational functions
Recommended literature for preparation